Wednesday, July 15, 2009

SecretBlog: A new discovery!


There has been a new development in the case of the mystery plant.  Whilst out in the garden I realised that there is no mystery plant.  ’What do you mean?’  I hear you ask.



There are two!
In my previous blog post:  (http://ryans-garden.blogspot.com/2009/06/plant-id-needed.htmll) I was asking for your superior intellect to help identify a plant that had appeared in my garden.  There was some confusion as to what that plant was.  Well it now appears that this confusion may be down to the fact that there are two mystery plants growing side by side.  Not only that but they are very similar.
My assumption is that there must have been some cross sowings of seed at the nursery, where I bought my Stachys, out of which these plants are growing.  Both appear Campanula/Symphandra-like and both are white. They are welcome additions to the garden but I still don’t know what they are.  Maybe this recent discovery will help to positively I.D. the plants?
Answers on a postcard please!

No comments:

Post a Comment