Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Bouquet of Chrysanthemums

It might happen anytime now. They are not welcome, at least not by me, but welcome or not they will come. They will spell the death knell for my blooming chrysanthemums. The pretty flowers will not be there to bid adieu to 2008 because the inevitable winter showers would have consumed them before that. Till then I'll keep my fingers crossed and pamper my visual senses with the chrysanthemum(y) feast before my eyes.

These are the pack leaders in providing the 'second spring' kind of look to my garden.
The Giant Chrysanthemums require that extra bit of care and protection, but in the end the result is worth all the effort.

The range of colors is amazing. They started blooming in 1st week of December and have kept the garden alive with their colors till now. Like in the past, it will be the winter showers which will herald the coldest period of the season here and pronounce the end of chrysanthemums.
But, for now, it is a bright sunny day with the air fresh with the smell of Christmas just gone by and mood pregnant in anticipation of the New Year.






No comments:

Post a Comment