Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chill(y)ing out!

There are peppers to tingle your taste buds, to make you sweat and cry, to squeeze your salivary juices out…
But then there are some which delight you by their sheer presence!! You do not generally eat them or add them to any cuisine, but like some exotic expensive stone, they adorn the garden and add to its beauty and value.
These are the ornamental peppers – the jewels of my garden.
Whenever I have been visited by a friend or a neighbor, who has even a remote interest in gardening, these beauties have caught the beholder's attention. And, very proudly, now and then, have I deliberately flaunted the gems to anyone who was impertinent enough to not to ask me about them.
I first spotted these peppers at a wayside resort. They caught my fancy and I wanted them immediately, and very desperately, for my own garden.
It was my garden help who arranged for the seeds from different places, as we do not yet have an organized seed shop network in my city.
That gives me an idea to pioneer a seed shop network here:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment