Monday, April 27, 2009

End of the vegetable growing season

This weekend I cleaned out my small vegetable patch, and except for a cherry tomato plant that continues to produce and the white Vidalia anions everything else ended up in the compost bin.

This was another disappointing year for my tomatoes plants; the fruits were small and few.

I tried onions for the first time and as you can see it was a bust. I planted the onions around Christmas and so far all I see is one onion. (My farming ancestors are probably turning in their graves)
I am not giving up, tomorrow I am heading out to my local library and check out any book I can find on vegetable gardening in South Florida.

On the positive side the herbs are doing well and probably will last for another couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment