Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Garden Bloggers Blooms Day-June 2008

Things on professional front had kept, most of my time and nearly all my attention, diverted from anything else, including my blog and gardening. But thankfully, despite my compromised attention the blooms have continued and even the Weather Gods have been benevolent; showering their watery blessings on the parched plant souls. The Rainy season here, which is popularly called as The Monsoon, has arrived and hopefully – if the weathermen can be trusted – we are in for some dark drenching days ahead. With these thoughts I present my Bloom list as part of GBBD started by Carol at Maydreamgardens:
Crepe Myrtle or Lagerstromia
Ball lily
Periwinkle
Fire Bush or Hamelia Patens
Garlic vine
Dwarf Mussaenda, White Wing or Mussaenda glabra

Buttterfly weed
Gladiolus, though not fully open…
Gerbera
Shooting star flower or Pseuderanthemum Laxiflorum
Canna Lily
Crape Jamine
Balsam or Impatiens
Hibiscus
This is an unknown bloom which I bought from the nursery a few days back. Any guesses??

All my blooms are drenched in rains, rain drops can be seen on almost all of them, still they appear very cheerful and happy! Good times ahead for my garden….
P.S.- The bloom was later identified by ‘Debofkolkata’ as Lemonia spectabilis. Thanks a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment