Wednesday, April 15, 2009

GBBD DECEMBER 2008

For good or bad, frost has not yet announced its presence here. I do not know if it is my perception or there is an actual change in weather patterns, but I do feel the winters shortening in both duration and severity with each passing year. I hope it is nothing sinister related to pollution, global warming…and all that.
Well, setting these thoughts aside for now I'll indulge in the bloom boom which stands spared for the GBBD post this Dec-08, thanks to the delayed frost:

Chrysanthemums
Salvias with Chrysanthemums in backdrop

Bouganvilleas
Poinsettia gearing up for Christmas
Bouvardia- it attracts lots of butterflies.
Gladioli blooming in profusion
Impatiens
Poinsettia ‘fireball’
Marigolds

Thunbergia Grandiflora
The diversity in the flower world is amazing, each one more beautiful than the other. Yet, a rose will always smell and seem the sweetest…


No comments:

Post a Comment