Monday, April 27, 2009

The Unfurling!

There are few things more fascinating than to be able to watch and record the unfolding of the beauty of flowers in its various stages day after day. This Spring I had the good fortune of watching and clicking the various stages of the Alpinia Zerumbet flower right from the bud to bloom. This plant is a native of India and has – as told by wikipedia – spread to Brazil and other areas.


The transformation from bud to bloom happened in a matter of a week, so I didn't really have to be very perseverant in getting the successive stages on the camera.



I guess it will continue to look good for few more days, and after that I am not quite sure what its fate will be, because, although the internet tells me that it bears lovely looking fruits after this stage, but my past experience has not been very good as the flowers tend to fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment