Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Today Post::Call yourself a writer?

I recently interviewed the fabulous Emma of The Fluffius Muppetus blog and it appears that in turn she is getting her own back by linking me to a Meme. So here goes!

Which words do you use too much in your writing?

I would have to say that the word I use most in writing and in general when talking, commenting, etc, has to be ‘Fabulous’. I did it above without realising, which pretty much sums up how much I use it. However, I am looking for alternatives as there are only so many Fab’s you can fit in to one article! Suggestions are welcomed.

Which words do you consider overused in stuff you read?

Off the top of my head I can’t think of any. There are a lot of words that have been done to death as a means of attracting more hits but I tend not to think about it.

What's your favourite piece of writing by you?

I have to say that I like my first ever blog. I started writing the blog when recovering from a car crash. I had no idea what a blog was supposed to be but I knew I wanted to start one of my very own. I guess that was my starting point, as rough as it may be, and it also helped me to focus my energy in to something positive in a rather negative time.

What blog post do you wish you'd written?

That’s a toughy. There are so many great posts out there that I couldn’t possibly pick one.

Regrets, do you have a few? Is there anything you wish you hadn't written?

I don’t really have any regrets to be honest. Of course there will be things that you think could be improved but I always remind myself that I’m still learning and at that time what I produced was the best it could be.

My philosophy is to always look forward to what could be, not back to what was.

How has your writing made a difference?

I can only reflect on comments left on my blog. When someone says that they will try out a tip or technique and then write back to say it worked then I guess that is pretty much the biggest impact my blog has had. I think it has made a lot of people smell nice too (The Bath Bouquet)!

I hope that readers of my blog adopt some of my principles and philosophies towards gardening as I try to aim for sustainability, longevity and individuality. If that is achieved then I will be happy!

Name three favourite words

Fabulous (again), stunning and stonker.

…And three words you're not so keen on

Bergenia, Cats, and Can’t.

Do you have a writing mentor, role model or inspiration?

I don’t really have role models or mentors. I tend to write as I think and although this sometimes comes across as raw and unrefined I think it conveys what I want to say.

I find inspiration from some unconventional places really. I read lots and I guess I derive inspiration from that along with everything else I see and do. I’m really not all that conventional.

What's your writing ambition?

I didn’t set out with an ambition in mind when I started the blog, however, I would love to be a regular contributor for a national magazine or newspaper, write a book, and continue to blog.

If I could make a living from writing I would be one very lucky and happy man!

Plug alert! List any work you would like to tell your readers about:

Well, if you follow me on Twitter (@ryansgarden) you will know that I am constantly plugging my articles and guest blogs (sorry), so I would say follow me there for plugs.

I also list all my guest blogs on the top right of my main blog page.

Tag time:

I hope to pass this meme onto…

James Alexander Sinclair, a fantastic blogger and great guy.

Kim and Victoria, always leaves fantastic comments on my blog!

Emma Townshend, a lovely lady and a great writer.

Billy Goodnick, my Twitter hand-over buddy, blogger, drummer, and gardener extraordinaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment