Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Today Post::harvests

tomatoes in a bowl harvest
A couple photos of my harvest. At right, newly picked from my community plot. At the left, my collected tomatoes waiting to be eaten.

Finally tomatoes today from my blight stricken community plot. Seems like the blight may be dissipating? Tomatoes actually ripening without rotting. I picked a few Opalkas and a nice Purple Calabash. I’m pleased. Time for T-sauce soon.

Someone asked me if any of my tomato varieties have late blight resistance. Of 11 varieties planted, Purple Calabash, Opalka and Box Car Willie survived the blight and are producing. Maybe these have a bit of resistance - probably just luck.

And, I picked first ripe pumpkin of the year - a tiny Baby Pam. Its supposed to be a great tasting pie pumpkin. I’m looking forward to baking with it.

Two tiny red chiles too. Thai Hots. And a fat carrot - Oxheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment